You will be aware from various sources that the law is changing from the Data Protection Act to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) as of 25th May 2018.
Group S really value your custom, and want to ensure you we will always manage your data carefully and proportionately.
Group S utilise a layered approach to Customer data which protects individuals but enables us to carry on contacting and liaising with our Business Customers who have provided us with their information. Everyone has the right to opt out of marketing emails at any time by; contacting us at email@example.com
Business to Business
If we hold, or are provided with your business email address or telephone number and contact you this way, we have assumed a business relationship and will rely on the legal premise of “necessary for the performance of the contract” for sharing data with you in the business to business relationship. A business email address for this purpose is assumed to be; firstname.lastname@example.org or Company@bt.com.
The contact information will be used only for:
- Correspondence regarding orders, quotes, payments, designs etc. By your preferred method of contact.
- Marketing campaigns from Group S Companies only (maximum of 4 per month)
- Our data platform providers provide data analytics on volume of emails; clicked, read, deleted, etc. They are working under a non-disclosure agreement so will not contact you directly or use your contact information for any other purpose than analysing the way our marketing emails are used. We do not undertake profiling.
- Data provided (contact details) are not sold by Group S. Nor do we buy marketing lists.
- PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations) mean we will always give you the option to opt out if you prefer. If you cannot trace an email with this option please contact email@example.com.
- Marketing campaigns will only be conducted by email.
- Data will be held for a maximum of 6 years post; last order, mutual contact, or enquiry.
Business to Individual
We will assume that any personal email address; i.e.:firstname.lastname@example.org is your personal contact data and we will not utilise this for any of the above without your express and explicit consent. We will instead contact you with a request to “opt in” to contact from us, within time to meet the requirements of the GDPR. Should we not receive affirmation of your wish to continue to receive information from us by one month after sending, your email address will be deleted from our database. Data (contact details) are not sold or purchased by Group S. We hope you will still want to stay in touch.
What Data Do We Collect?
If you wish to apply to find out what information we hold about you, have information deleted or amended, (excluding updating your contact details which can be dealt with by contacting your business contact) please contact our Data Protection Officer; using the email address email@example.com and make a Subject Access Request. (SAR). This process is free, and we will respond within 30 days to advise whether we feel your request is appropriate and justified, if we feel it is, we will simply provide you with data relating to you only. If we feel there is a reason to not provide all or some of what you have requested we will advise, and in this scenario, you would have the right to refer the matter to the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) https://ico.org.uk if you disagree with our decision.